Good employees always say they want the same thing: growth.
And they value — and perform for — the leaders who make that professional development available to them.
And when your people grow, your business grows, owners meet their objectives, and shareholders benefit. Your business fulfills its promise.
Most companies budget for and provide training and development for technical skills, software proficiency, safety and other regulated behaviors. But those competency gaps aren’t the ones costing the business its growth and profit goals.
No, what’s costing the business its full potential is the lack of skills that challenge most human beings, at work and in their personal lives.
- They know their jobs, but can’t enroll others in the actions that will make a meaningful difference.
- They consume valuable staff time in frequent meetings, but they don’t actually know how to run a meeting effectively.
- They can present the details, but not appeal to a customer’s needs in a way that causes the prospect to issue the P.O.
- They’ve become so entrenched in politics, they can no longer see the forest for the trees.
- When issues arise, they fail to address the audience’s interests and needs and further distance the company from its most important constituents.
- They fail to make the sales target, or if the work comes in, they don’t execute impeccably.
At OnwardU, we address the real issues, such that people can move beyond the places where they have become complacent, and management can focus on vision and strategy rather than being pulled back down into minutiae that distracts from the goal.